Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Snapshots

The other night and I was driving home and the car in in front was driving slower than I wanted it to go, I had had made up my mind that this person must be drunk. As I got closer to the car I noticed that it had out state plates as I passed her to turn at the light I saw that she was an older lady. Well I was way off on that one, she was driving US-12 for the first time it was dark and there are allot deer that run that road. I judged her wrong.
Yesterday at work I had a stop where I dropped off a Frig and stove to a guy was putting it in his rental property, at first glance he had a shaved head long goatee and ear rings sound familiar. We got to talk talking and said he was from that west coast, So we began to talk about that we had both lived in Portland Or. Which lead me to the next question what lead you hear to Michigan? Well you see I am Pastor at a church here in town, didn’t see that one coming which lead into another conversation.
Why do we do judged what we see and hear, instead of the actually seeing who this person or what they are about? I don’t like to be judged for the way I dress or the car I drive. I am just person just like the rest a child of God. Its not my place to judge but I do for that reason I try and try but some times I fail but I know that next time I will try to look will open eyes and an open heart. Those snapshots you take of person are just one side of what you actually see not the whole person.

Matthew 7.1
Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Matthew 7.2
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I think part of why we judge people so rapidly is we like things in neat little packages. It helps us "organize" our thoughts: "Oh, he is of that <____>" (insert race, creed, body type, etc) and that allows us to quickly write them off. It's only when we start looking past the first impressions that we see the true person.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Ryan, you truly have a gift. I think you have such a cool personality. Keep up the great work!!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger In Christ Alone said...

Loved this post and the post about reserved pew seats. Happened upon you by chance if there is such a thing. Not too far away from your church .....but live in Canada. God bless you all! Enjoyed reading a small portion of what life is about for you.
Because of Him,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home